Top Tourist Attractions in Kaushambi
Kaushambi District is rich in historic sites. The history of every day demystifies the district’s significance. The important historical centres are Kara, Prabhasgiri and Kaushambi. The district is abundant with temples in which the major attractiveness are the temple Sheetla in Kara Dham and the temple Jain in Prabhosa. This site is located around 69 kilometres to the north-west of Allahabad. In Kara there are so many temples that are notable for the temples Sheetla Mata, Chhetrapal Bhairav, Hanuman and Kaleshwar Mahadev temples.
Best Places to Visit in Kaushambi
- Sheetla Mata temple
- Chhetrapal Bhairav temple
- Hanuman temple
- Kaleshwar Mahadev temple
- Kara – Birth place of the famous saint Malookdas
Kaushambi is surrounded by several sites of interest like as Allahabad, Kanpur, Varanasi, Vindhayavasini, Chitrakoot.
Best Time to Visit in Kaushambi
How to Reach Kaushambi
- The nearest airports is Allahabad Airport (45Km) from District headquarters Kaushambi.
- The nearest railway station is Bharwari (15Km) from District headquarters Kaushambi.
- District headquarter connected by bus from Allahabad (52 km ), Chitrakoot (75 km), Fatehpur (80km) and Kanpur ( 160 km).