Top Tourist Attractions in Ariyalur
Ariyalur is the district capital of the Ariyalur district in Tamil Nadu, and it is rich in limestone, with seven cement plants and two sugar mills surrounding it. The town is around 310 kilometres from Chennai, the state capital.
Ariyalur is best known for the Gangaikondacholisvarar temple in Gangaikondacholapuram, the biggest temple constructed during the reign of Rajendra–I
Best Places to Visit in Ariyalur
- KARAIVETTI BIRD SANCTUARY
- GANGAIKONDA CHOLAPURAM
- MELAPALUVUR & KEEZHAIYUR
- Meenatchi Sundareswarar Koil – Melapalur
- Pair of Temples – Keezhaiyur
- Vaithiyanaatha Swami Thirukkoyil – Thirumazhapadi
- Statues in Vaithiyanaatha Swami Thirukkoyil -Thirumazhapadi
- Karkodeshwarar Thirukkoyil – Kamarasavalli
- Buddha Statues – Vikkiramangalam
- SENDURAI, SENNIVANAM AND SRIPURANDAN
- GANGAIKONDACHOLAPURAM, GANGAIKONDACHOLISVARAR TEMPLE
- Sculpture – Kangaikonda Cholapuram
- ARIYALUR – KODANDARMASWAMY KOVIL
- VETTAKUDI – KARAIVETTI BIRD SANCTUARY
- Elakkurichi Temple
Best Time to Visit in West Ariyalur
How to Reach West Ariyalur
The nearest International airport is Trichy Airport (75Km).
Trichy Airport is the closest international airport (75Km). Ariyalur Railway Station is part of the Trichy Railway Division and is connected to Trichy (70 kilometres) and Chennai (267 kilometres) through the Chord Line segment.
Ariyalur is 65 kilometres from Trichy, 30 kilometres from Perambalur, and 44 kilometres from Thanjavur on National Highways NH45 and NH226.