Top Tourist Attractions in Upper Siang
Upper Siang is an administrative district located in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. It is the country’s fourth least populated district.
Best Places to Visit in Upper Siang
- Mariyang – Pekimodi Circuit
- Tuting – Gelling Circuit
- Yingkiong – Ekodumbing – Riutala Circuit
- Mouling National Wildlife Sanctuary
Best Time to Visit in Upper Siang
Summer and the beginning of monsoon season are the finest times to visit Tawang. The weather stays pleasant, making it ideal for sightseeing. March, April, May, June, September, and October are the finest months to visit.
How to Reach Upper Siang
Entry Pass Formalities
Because Arunachal Pradesh is one of India’s protected states, travellers must get an Entry Pass in order to visit any of the state’s attractions in the following ways:
Inner Line Permits (ILPs) are issued to domestic visitors and can be obtained in the following ways:
- From the Resident Commissioner’s Office / Liaison Offices located at New Delhi, Calcutta, Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh, Tezpur, North Lakhimpur, Jorhat.
- From the Office of the Secretary (Political), Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
- From the Office of the Deputy Commissioners / Additional Deputy Commissioners of the respective districts.
Protected Area Permit (PAP) or Restricted Area Permit (RAP) are issued to foreign tourists and may be obtained in the following ways:
- From All India Missions abroad.
- All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata.
- The Chief Immigration Officer at Chennai.
- Home Ministry, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Home Commissioner, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
A visitor interested in visiting Assam must go to Guwahati (the state capital) via air or rail from any Indian city. Following that, one must choose one of the following routes for continuing roads travel to Upper Siang:
Via Pasighat (East Siang)
Both Arunachal Pradesh State Transport (APST) and Private daily bus services are available for journey from Guwahati to Pasighat (Headquarters of East Siang District).
For the travel from Guwahati to Pasighat, both Arunachal Pradesh State Transport (APST) and private daily bus services are available (Headquarters of East Siang District).
Via Aalo (West Siang)
Both Arunachal Pradesh State Transport (APST) and Private daily bus services are available for journey from Guwahati to Aalo (Headquarters of West Siang District).
From Aalo daily private Tata Sumo (Cab) services are available for onward journey to Yingkiong.
Note:- Roadways journeys via Pasighat or Aalo routes are almost same in terms of distance and fare.
For air travel to Upper Siang (Yingkiong) through Pasighat, the Pawan Hans Helicopter service is available. Every Wednesday at 10.05 a.m., it is available (IST). To go to Yingkiong, it takes 35 minutes.